Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 137

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking now)

  1. #101
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I'm sorry my self indulgence aroused your curiousity Rog! I hope ya didn't go searching!
    The Rusty Brothers are my brother and I. After his 27 year absence from our family we were reunited in May of 2002 and even though we were both kind of RUSTY, we dragged out the old six strings and filled a couple cassettes with some of the worse sounding rubbish in the history of music! LOL!
    Nevertheless, I get to missing Mike sometimes and start feeling all sentimental, and force my ears to listen anyway!

    Someday we'll play together again and hopefully we'll both be a little less RUSTY but I do think the name kinda works, for our band, anyway!

    Actually, it was MY rustiness, more than his, that made it sound so god awful!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #102
    Inactive Member erict226's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2005
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Cool Gus,
    Rust Never Sleeps,
    Glad to hear you and your brother are playing music. I started working out with my old band mates again after about a 20 year layoff. The rust and dust is heavy, but it still rocks and sounds like a band (depending on the song). We were called "the Scene", I think because we were so rarely seen.

    Music always seems to give back what you put into it. Not the music business mind you, but the music does. It's very cool and it'll keep you young. It's a good workout anyway.

    I met this 96 year old Ukulele player, Bill Tapia, a couple of weeks ago and his jazz chops blew me away.

    Did you guys write too? Hey, keep up the good work and Rock On.
    -ET
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

  3. #103
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey ET, that's great about The Scene! You a guitarist? Singer/songwriter?
    That's me in a nutshell. My brother plays guitar and sings but doesn't write much.
    I like what you said about music giving back!
    That's very true!
    I hope we're all still playing when we're 96!!!!
    Rock On!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #104
    Inactive Member erict226's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2005
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Hey Gus,

    Yep, I'm the classic Singer/Songwriter and guitarist making the switch to bass.

    It's not as much fun to play bass at the beach, but it sure comes in handy for jamming. It's also cool to work that melodic/rhythmic thing when you can get in sync with a drummer.

    I've also run into one or two great guitarists out there who were a bit more proficient than I. I don't want to go into another fourteen year retirement to learn that many more riffs. I prefer writing, arranging, and jamming.

    Keep up the good work of the Rust Brothers, I'll have to hear your stuff some time.

    On my current playlist is "Forever Changes" by Arthur Lee and Love & "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars," by Mr. D. Bowie. Both play well in the rain.

    Thanks.
    -ET

  5. #105
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yo ET,
    I dabble in bass and lead, but that's mostly out of "necessity" when recording. I've generally just played the rhythm in bands I've been in.
    I know what you mean about proficiency. I just do my songs and let the other guys or grrls do the fancy stuff!
    Later dude,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #106
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm in a Dylan mood here tonight. [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]

    John Wesley Harding
    Blonde On Blonde

    Rainy Day Women rule!
    [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/umbrella.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #107
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Guys, Leave that bass playing to professionals [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Just joking, Last time I picked up a bass my fingers wouldn't cooperate very well (same on the acoustic with the rusty strings sitting in the cornor).

    I don't know why I didn't reply to the Rusty Brothers, I had a suspicion that it was the Danger Brothers. I feel honored to have heard some unreleased Danger songs (can't remember if ya said yer bro played on it or not).

    I just got 2 new Cd's Los Lonely Boys, and Loretta Lynn's cd Van Leer Rose (prodused by Jack White). The Los Lony boys is a good cd but its very mellow, I need a little more excitement. The Lynn cd is GREAT! Jack White really pushes the music and Loretta still has a very strong voice. I think its great that some of the Younger artist haven't forgotten thier roots and are helping the older country artist.

    rogeR

  8. #108
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ellanoize:
    I had a suspicion that it was the Danger Brothers. I feel honored to have heard some unreleased Danger songs (can't remember if ya said yer bro played on it or not).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope roG, not on those tapes. We only jammed one time in 27 years and it's been almost 3 years since that time.
    Our family reunion has been mostly by telephone except when Mike came here for a visit in 2002. That was the first time we jammed since we were kids.
    I like listening to the tapes sometimes, even though we WERE rusty brothers.
    It was just great jamming with him.

    Mike has been living in New Orleans and his wife, Theresa, is fighting cancer. They have now moved to Kentucky to be near her family.

    Theresa was estranged from her family for a long time too and they both made 1st re-contact at the same time. She has had a hard row to hoe of late and my brother is totally there for her.

    We are all hoping and praying for Theresa and when she is able, God willing, they'll come for a visit and the Rusty Brothers will once again ROCK the Old Pueblo!

    More later,
    Gus

  9. #109
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    The Roots Of The Sex Pistols:

    THE MODERN LOVERS - ROADRUNNER
    PAUL REVERE & THE RAIDERS - I'M NOT YOUR STEPPIN' STONE
    COUNT FIVE - PSYCHOTIC REACTION
    JOHNNY THUNDERS & THE HEARTBREAKERS - BORN TO LOSE
    THE RUNAWAYS - CHERRY BOMB
    DAVE BERRY - DON'T GIVE ME NO LIP CHILD
    EDDIE COCHRAN - SWEETIE PIE
    MC5 - SHAKIN' STREET
    SEX PISTOLS - SEVENTEEN
    NEW YORK DOLLS - ******RBOX
    MOTT THE HOOPLE - CRASH STREET KIDS
    PETER HAMMILL - NADIR'S BIG CHANCE
    JERRY NOLAN - TAKE A CHANCE
    CAN - HALLELUWAH
    DR. ALIMANTADO - BORN FOR A PURPOSE / REASON FOR LIVING

    What an interesting compilation this turned out to be!
    I am thoroughly enjoying it at this very moment!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #110
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Mean Ol' Censor Does Not Like The Word Ch-att-erBox. I tell ya what Gus, that sounds like a GREAT Cd, I am familiar with everyone listed except for Dr Alimantado. Sounds like you got a good deal.

    rOgeR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic